Another archival post here, I made this way back (or something like that) on August 12th.
This was a relatively easy bread to make, just a few sticking points. The dough came together fairly easily, although I think I probably incorporated a little bit too much flour when I was kneading.
So with just a little bit of mixing, those turned into:
This is where things get sticky, getting all those walnuts and all those cranberries (I subbed them in for walnuts) into the dough! It was supposed to occur during the last 2 minutes of kneading, but it definitely took me a lot more than 2 minutes to get them in, and well and evenly incorporated. Kind of tricky to work them in while also trying to be careful not to tear the dough. However, once I managed that I ended up with:
The next issue was the cinnamon ‘swirl’ part. I wasn’t really careful enough in the rolling up of the dough (nor did I put quite enough cinnamon sugar). And well, it ended up as less of a cinnamon swirl, and more of a cinnamon curve. A point to remember for the next time I make this bread! Whenever that may be… hopefully soon. I think next time I’ll ditch the dried fruit altogether so I can make a loaf for my dad (he doesn’t like dried fruit)